T C Shaw & Sons

Outstanding in our field since 1956


Farming on the Bedfordshire-Hertfordshire border since the 19th Century.

T. C. Shaw & Sons was formed in 1956 by the late Thomas Cecil Shaw & the company is now run by his son, Brian Shaw, and granddaughter, Whizz Middleton.

We farm just over 2000 acres and cover a variety of soil types and topography, which requires a wide range of equipment and technical management. There is a combination of owned, tenanted and contracted land, which creates a good balance of priorities and organisation.

Our office is at Barton Hill Farm, Lilley. This is where we deal with all the administration and host our farm walks. The operational hub is here too and it is always a hive of activity.

The farmland is in and around several villages, including Lilley, Shillington, Pirton, Sundon and Tebworth. We have a good, long-standing relationship with the villagers and have been involved with several local charities, groups and businesses.

We aim to continue this association with the local communities and environment, enhancing our own land and that of others.